Well, well, well…could you imagine my surprise when I logged on to the blog after a one week hiatus because of Easter to find this little gem?!?
Becky over at Clover and Thyme awarded us with this kind gesture!! Garsh. We’re honored.
Becky recently blogged about her DIY Garden Light Hut and inspired us to try it when we begin our next round of seedlings (in the next week or so). Thanks, Becky, for sharing your experiments since that’s what we’re all about here at The Homestead Experiment! 🙂
So here are the Rules for Versatile Blogger Award according to their site:
- Thank the person who gave you this award. That’s common courtesy.
- Include a link to their blog. That’s also common courtesy.
- Next, select blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
- Nominate those bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award — you might include a link to your post nominating them, or to the Versatile Blogger Blog.
- Finally, tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
So here are my awardees. I’m generally eclectic in my interests (read that: a scatterbrain, as evidenced by this list 🙂 :
Homestead Revival-this blog is gorgeous. It’s so inspiring. It’s what I dream of attaining some day.
Blissfully Content-I really enjoy her blog. I find a lot of practical ideas and help here.
The Prairie Homestead-She is the real deal! A homesteader extraordinaire. Maybe even a full-on farmer. 🙂 I’ll probably never be quite this rural, but it’s chock full of good info, and very encouraging.
Herban Homestead-Pretty sure I’ve discovered a kindred spirit with this woman. I’ve never even met her and I feel like we’re on the same page. I hope I get to meet her someday, somehow.
Food In Jars-I can’t wait to have some yield from our garden to start making some of the recipes on this site. Her photography is gorgeous.
Sugar-Free Mom-sugar is of the devil, right? Nearly. Her site is a treasure trove of recipes to help avoid the excess of sugar intake that is a usual part of society.
Once A Month Mom-I’ve been a OAMC (Once a Month Cooker) for over 10 years now. I love this site. It will give you all kind of information about how to go about planning, preparing, and cooking for your family once a month.
My Suburban Homestead-another great site doing exactly we are. They’re just further down the road than us.
I’m A Lazy Mom– She not lazy, people. What she is, is HYSTERICAL! I’m pretty sure I laugh out loud at every single on of her posts! If you need a smile, or a good belly laugh go check out her blog.
Now, some things about us (that some of our friends might not even know!):
1. I am a classically-trained singer. I used to teach voice. But I don’t do much of either anymore, except in my shower.
2. Since hubs and I have been married (17 years!) we’ve moved 16 times. Yes, that is a lot. Yes, I am an expert mover. Yes, I hate moving!
3. My first car was a Dodge Omni. Her name was Gertie. And I never learned how to get her into 5th gear, so I drove down the highway in 3rd most of the time.
4. Hubs was a banker before he decided to become a minister. That works out well for me. I don’t have to balance the checkbook.
5. Hubs had never eaten a fresh fruit or vegetable before he met me. Now he really likes them. Good thing!
6. I’m a city-girl, but our oldest daughter is decidedly NOT. She’d love nothing more than to live on a farm and tromp around in western wear – right down to the massive belt-buckle. I still wonder how we managed to create a girl like that?
7. I didn’t own a TV growing up so I’m not a very good member to have when playing a “pop culture” game. I’m still not. I have a TV now, but I’m still catching up on old Cosby shows! 😉