Well, of course I’m new to this homesteading thing. But I do know quite a bit of supplies will be needed to pull it off. Most of which I don’t currently own. So I’ve been working on my wish list. And maybe I’ll start finding them at yard sales and in thrift stores in the next few months.
THIS POST UPDATED: December 17, 2012
Wood of varying widths and lengths – for building potato boxes, bean /pea trellises, shelving for cold storage, maybe a small greenhouse?, etc.
- Plastic to make said greenhouse
- Chicken wire – for…everything (think I could find chickens at a thrift store? hmmm…)
- Pressure canner (anyone have an old one they just don’t use anymore???)
Waterbath canning kit
- Large flower pots – for container gardening
- Soaker hose(s)
- Timer for soaker hose(s)
- Woodworking tools – I want to BUILD something. Just to say I have. And can.
Galvinized buckets – 6 for my herb planters I’m planning
- Large Stainless Steel bowls – for all the homemade food and cleaning products I’m going to make
Food Dehydrator – I want to make fruit leather. My daughter wants to make beef jerky. Ick. Chickens – did I mention I want chickens??Found out I can’t have ’em. Boo! 😦 Composter
- Grain mill so I can grind my own flour
Hmmm…what else am I missing?
You Might Also Like…